Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Kindergarten Field Trip

Today Allison and I spent the morning on her class field trip. We went to a local farm for a hayride, tour of a greenhouse and radish picking! Great kindergarten field trip with lots of educational opportunities but did I mention that it was 100 degrees today with extreme humidity to make if feel something like 105!? Man, was it hot! I was forcing poor Allison to constantly drink her water so she wouldn't dehydrate! All in all, she had a really good time! The moms were counting the minutes till we could get back to school and get into our air conditioned cars!

So now we have a bowl full of radish that I'm not sure any of us will eat. The farmer told us to fry them in some olive oil and make them into chips. He said they were really good that way and much better for you than potato chips, so we may try that - I'll let you know! :o)

Allison with the radish she just picked

So do you think Allison has had enough?

No comments: