Sunday, March 16, 2008

A Bird's Eye View!

Since we have moved into our house over 4 years ago, we have taken notice to a large variety of birds. I've never really been much of a bird "lover", but throughout the years, we've seem some quirky little birds most of which we've come to love! I think the fact that we back to some woods, increases the amount of birds that we get. We get everything from large wild turkeys to little sparrows and everything in between. For several years, I've wanted a bird feeder - a good one - and a squirrel proof one! We've had feeders before and seem to feed not much more than all the squirrels! So, I've been on the lookout for a good one! Yesterday we got one! I love it! It's so cute and sits right on a tree that you can see from the entire back of the house! So far we've had only a bite or two from the little Nuthatches that frequent our trees but I'm eagerly awaiting to see a huge variety. Some birds that we have seen in the past are 2 different kinds of Woodpeckers, Cardinals, Blue Jays, and Blue Birds, just to mention a few. Good friends gave us a bird book a while ago and we pull it out frequently - it's fun to figure out our new little feathered friends!

2 comments:

Starry-Sparkle! said...

So ur all bout birds ?

Robin said...

I like the design on that feeder. Nice.