Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Turkey Anyone!

Anyone that knows me even just a little, knows that I'm not the biggest fan of the outdoors. Don't get me wrong, I love a good walk or bike ride, or sitting on the beach soaking in the rays. What I don't like are the creatures that live in the outdoors. However, no matter hard I try, these "wild" creatures seem to gravitate to me! Squirrels, Raccoons, and Turkeys!

For the past 4 years we have lived in our house, we frequently see turkeys. In the beginning few believed me that there were wild turkeys walking around our backyard. In fact, I think my dad phrased it best, "Do you know how many guys sit in trees for hours just waiting and waiting to see just one turkey and you are telling me you have 10 in your backyard?!" I've now made believers of the doubting by photographs. It seems they double every year. What started out as an occasional 10 or so turkeys a couple times a year has turned into a 40 + flock that frequents our neighborhood at least a few times a month!

The turkeys were back today. It occurred to me that I have never blogged about them before. So in honor of our neighborhood turkeys... here is a picture! (By the way... I like them when they are on the other side of the glass door from me!)

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Keep those turkeys on your side of the highway would ya??!! We have only had a few strays recently!! No big sightings like yours!!