Friday, February 8, 2008

And The Verdict Is In....

So I sent Allison to school and she looked a bit gray when she got off the bus and just had those sick eyes. After recalling in my mind some previous illnesses w/ Allison, I remembered that back at Easter, she had strep throat and was quite often sick to her stomach. So I made an appointment and took Allison to the Dr. Upon initial examination, he said there's nothing wrong with her other than a stomach virus. I forced the issue and had her cultured for Strep, all the while stating that her throat didn't look at all bad. So w/in 5 minutes the Dr. returned just shaking his head saying he didn't believe it, it was positive for Strep! Bingo, the pieces of the puzzle are all fitting together! Yeah, we're on the road to recovery!

Until....

Jacob got off the bus. He walks in the house... "Mommy, my throat has been kinda scratchy all day." Are you kidding?! So I quickly call the Dr who squeezes us in (for goodness sake could he not have just written me a RX!). As the Dr. is examining Jacob he looks in his ears first. "Jacob do your ears hurt?" "No." "Are you sure, because you have a double ear infection!". I'm thinking, great, that's not even the reason we are here! Now we move onto the throat. Yeah, that looks worse than Allison's but we'll test it. Sure enough, strep throat!

So, I've officially won the Mother of the Year Award for today! Who knew?!

No comments: