Wednesday, February 13, 2008

2 AM Party?!

As mentioned in an earlier post, we have been fighting a series of infections for the past week. Jacob has been out of school all this week due to severe asthma along with a viral infection that was giving him a fever. Ugh! I was all ready to send him back to school today since he stayed fever free yesterday but he now has this horrid cough which was triggered by his asthma.

Allison has all along been o.k. Once the antibiotic got into her she's been good to go. Until last night. I feel like I partially jinxed things since we actually went to bed early. She was up at 11:30 and I had to go lay with her for about 1 hour. Then at 2:00 she came in and was wheezing! So, I pull out the good ol' nebulizer that's been seeing alot of use these day and got her started on it. Unlike her brother, you'd think we were torturing her w/ the thing. She just about turns herself inside out using it. She is soooo not a good patient! About 1/2 way through her treatment, Jacob comes in to use the bathroom. Well, since we're up and he's due for another treatment, we might as well do it. So here we are, all three of us in my bed watching Tom & Jerry on Boommerang. It's times like this I'm so thankful for channels like Boommerang - something age appropriate any time, day or night! Oh, did I mention that Eric got up and went into the guest bedroom to sleep? Yeah, he did!

So after a 2nd nebulizer treatment for Allison this morning, off to school she went. Jacob on the other hand - still home! Yesterday he and I worked all day on school work. I'll end with I could NEVER home school! I have such a respect for those of you that can do that - it would just never work in my house! I think I'd have to send my kids to someone else's house for home schooling! :o)

I thought when your kids were 6 & 7 years old, we were entitled to normal sleeping patterns!

1 comment:

bondgirl said...

There is a sock outlet on Berline Cross Keys Road adjacent to the Camden County VoTech School - apparently any type of sock you can imagine they sell!