Friday, November 23, 2007

All Before 9:15 am!

As usual on "Black Friday", I headed out well before dawn to wage the store wars! I must say that I was a bit disappointed in the sales this year. I usually have at least 3 or 4 stores to hit with a long list at each one. This year the only place I found things was at Target! I did proceed to Old Navy in hopes of some sort of deal but left empty handed.

My shopping expedition this year was a little shorter as Jacob had a soccer tournament. Eric was working so I was solo for soccer. Allison choose to stay in the warm house and hang out with Grandmom and Abby. So off Jacob and I went. We arrived at the field around 9 am and quickly found the other team members who were warming up. As I was standing talking with another mom, she noticed Jacob took a ball to his stomach and was coming for me. At that moment I must say that I'm probably not going to win the "calm mother of the year award"! As he approached me he was totally blue! Within an instant his eyes rolled back into his head, he went all stiff and went unconscience! Although those moments weren't more than a few seconds, it seemed like an enternity! As I was screaming for help, people started to arrive. Everyone determined it would be best for the EMTs to take a look at him. What I didn't realize until they arrived, was that there was a whole lot of others that come with the EMTs. Within a few minutes there were sirens, a large fire truck, police cars and an ambulance. By that time he was coming around but still a little scared. Once it was determined his stats were normal and o.k., I decided that it wasn't necessary for him to go to the hospital. In fact, Jacob said that he wanted to play in the upcoming games. So as the trucks were rolling away, Eric had just arrived (after being called and told about the situation) - he missed it all! When I looked at my watch - it was 9:20 am - the day had just begun!

No comments: