Thursday, September 13, 2007

Mother Of The Year Award!

Yesterday I earned the "Mother of the Year Award"! How you ask? Well, for about 1 week, Allison has every so often and very casually mentioned that her right ear hurt. Within 10 minutes of her declaration, her ear doesn't hurt anymore! A couple of days later, the conversation repeats and again, a miraculous healing! Each time she mentions her ear hurts it's typically as soon as she wakes up. Yesterday morning was no different. After a few probing questions to eliminate somethings, I was told that without a doubt it was pain in her right ear but deep down inside the ear. So, that eliminated problems with her newly pierced ears or even swimmer's ear. Enough is enough - we're going to the Dr. Our appointment was late in the afternoon after our already scheduled dentist appointments. During the day a friend mentioned perhaps she was getting a molar and that was causing the pain. Never gave that a thought. While at the dentist I just mentioned her ear pain and asked if she was getting molars there. Nope! Well, next stop the pediatrician!

Within seconds and just a quick glance, there was no doubt she had a pretty severe middle ear infection! Great - what kind of mother am I?! Jokingly, the Dr. said that perhaps next time she complained of something, I should bring her in sooner! :o) Nice salt in the wound!

So now of course every 5 minutes she is making sure that I know her ear hurts! I'm not sure if it really does hurt that bad or if it just hurts so much now because she knows something is wrong!

I can't win... when I rush them into the Dr's office for something that I predict is clearly the problem, there is nothing wrong. Then when I hold out b/c I'm certain there isn't anything wrong, there is!

2 comments:

Organized Chaos said...

NICE!

I've been there. Forgive yourself because like you said, next time she complains you'll rush to the Dr. after this experience and she'll be fine.

Hope she is feeling better soon.

nilvento said...

Yeah...I always loved those $20.00 lollypops that Chelsey used to get when there was nothing wrong with her

Why $20?? My co-pay...